Tuesday 30 August 2011

Someone new, Something strange.

We met a young adult on the road, Soma and I had passed multiple hitch hikers but Soma saw her and begged for me to stop.
So I did.
Eagerly Soma rolled down her window, "Hello!" she said quickly and excitedly.
"Hello, thank you for stopping" The poor girl was soaking wet; the rain had been pouring all day I felt bad for her.
"Come on get in!" soma said unlocking the doors, despite the fact of just meeting her soma seemed fine with openly letting her in, this girl didn't look like she could do any harm but in this world you can never be too sure.
"Thank you" the girl quickly got in it didnt bother me that my seats were now drenched with water what bothered me was that no one stopped to pick her up sooner.
I started driving again and the car was no longer quiet, "Whats your name?" "Vivian..." "Ah, where you going to Vivian?" "I'm not sure...I just need to find someone...
"Find someone?" I asked looking in the rear view mirror.
"My father"
"Oh?"
"Yeah he went missing; I'm on a search to find him"
"Ah so its like an adventure?!"
"Sort of..."
"Oh were going on an adventure as well!"
"Really, where are you two headed?"
"Somewhere nice!" Soma blurted out Vivian laughed lightly I couldnt blame her soma was full of energy and always blurting out things.
Vivian seemed a bit fidgety, her eyes never left soma's figure and I didn't like it.
After a few hours the rain stopped, Soma had crawled into the back with Vivian...both were fast asleep, Soma seemed to really like Vivian for have just meeting her.
I pulled into the nearest gas station, Vivian awoke abruptly and once she realized it wasnt raining she found a way to get out of the car without waking soma.
"Here..." she said handing me $65, "...I don't need it and I really have no other way to thank you"
I refused the money three times before i realized how sincere she was in giving me this sum of money.
I guess I had no other choice but to take it. "Please tell Soma I said goodbye and chance are we will be meeting again, I can feel it..."
What an interesting girl, soma woke up after Vivian was gone I told her what she said and Soma smiled brightly.
"I hope so I really like Vivian!"
I was reading a book in our motel room and something caught my eye, I turned my head and on the balcony was a slim figure, at least 6 feet five inches tall was striding very fast (with arms swinging) from the left hand side of the balcony to the right. It was a very dark almost charcoal grey in colour and had no facial features at all, it was almost certainly male.
As it reached the end of the balcony it turned its head towards me and then disappeared into nothing. Something instinctively told me that whatever this was negative and it felt very hostile. The fact that it turned its head in my direction before it disappeared truly gave me the chills because it had acknowledged that i was there.
"Look Wolfie!" Soma's shout nearly caused me to jump out of my seat in fear. "I love this song..." she said happily listing to the song that was playing on the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment